1) Think of your relationship with three other people and write down three verbs that describe how those different people might see you. In other words, name three differnt people – then give three differnt adjectives for how each person might see you.
2) Also, Describe one sound/visual image or moving image that you would have placed on the Golden Record via spaceships Voyegeur 1 or 2. Tell me why you chose this item and how you feel it exemplies human kind.
3)Thirdly, What can be one definition/explanation of “the humanities.” In other words, what does it mean to study the humanities?
4) Also, Describe and explain Aristotle’s view on the arts (entertainment, craft, educational, otherwise), What did this 5th century philsopher feel that the arts could add to Athen’s society?
5) Explain the role/effect of violent/sexually crude entertainment (video games, movies, songs).
Also, Do you agree with Plato or Aristotle in the benefit or disadvantage of this kind of entertainment?
Please give one specific example of an artpiece that has fallen under controversy. Also, whether or not you feel this controversy is important to public observation regarding gun violence. Also consider school shootings, acts of crime/violence, etc.
6) Also, do you feel that art can be seperated from the artist/creator? Name one artist or one specific artwork (in history or current) that has fallen under public controversy/scrutiny. Do you still value this work or artist? Why or why not? Is the artist or his/her work more important? (in six lines)
7)According to Aristotle the purpose of drama is to arouse in the audience feelings of pity and fear and to purge these emotions. (one word) thereby making people stronger emotionally.
8) ————– is a form of writing scratched or inscribed on clay tablets with a pointed tool (stylus). (one word)
Tribes were the first societies organized around a central hereditary authority figure who often held a monopoly over the exercise of power, centralizing information and decision-making. True or False.
10) Also, TRUE/FALSE. Plato wanted entertainment art/artists banished from his ideal society (as written in “The Republic) because he thought art could be dangerous.
11) Lastly, TRUE/FALSE The five human senses allow us directly and immediately to perceive and respond to the environment in the here-and-now