Regulatory Requirements for Safe Non-Opioid and Opioid Prescribing Paper.
The APRN must be knowledgeable of their state’s regulatory laws as it pertains to prescribing non-scheduled and scheduled medications across the lifespan. (Resource: Link for State Regulation https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DY4y3jkPlaXSa1DMKWPJTGY-RUG1mkZh/view?usp=sharing)
Review state regulations for APRN prescribers in the state in which you live or the state where you plan to be certified. Also, review the CDC Interactive Training Series for Healthcare Providers in Module 1 and Module 4 https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/training/online-training.html
1. Summarize which agency/agencies regulate/oversee APRN prescribing in your state.
2. Generally, summarize the educational requirements for prescribing as an APRN.
3. Differentiate the regulations in your current state and state(s) you are considering practicing in or a neighboring state.
4. Selectively, create an outline of the actions required to prescribe in your identified state.
5. Summarize the Controlled Substances regulations in your state and the process for obtaining your DEA registration.
6.Also, summarize the main concepts for CDC Module 1 and Module 4.
7.Additionally, conclude the paper describing your plan for implementing safe prescribing practices as an APRN addressing your state’s regulations and the CDC Opioid guidelines.
8. Also, use APA format for your write up and cite any resources/evidence that you have utilized. The paper is to be 2500-4500 words, excluding title page and references.
Use correct APA format
Your paper should include an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. Also, support your answers with the course’s readings and at least two scholarly journal articles. The article’s purpose is to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook.
ProQuest and EBSCOhost are great sites to find resources. Also, write in a concise and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. Additionally, the quality of your writing dictates grading criteria. On the other hand, if you use direct quotes from books or articles, place the words you copied (use parenthesis) and cite in-line.
The quotes should be complete sentences (no more, less) and should be incorporated in your essay to illustrate your ideas. Please, cite your sources in a clickable reference list at the end. Also, do not copy without providing proper attribution (quotation marks and in-line citations). Also, write an essay format, not in bullet form, numbering, or another list format. It would be best if you use your own words. Lastly, proofread your work and run it through Grammarly for thorough confirmation.