This assignment requires students to write a causal analysis essay, where they detail either. a,) the causes of social media usage or, b) the effects of social media usage. (due to word limitations, students must only choose to write either a single cause-multiple effect or single effect-multiple cause essay). Failure to write about the assigned topics will result in a zero (0) on the assignment. Also, the essay must be 200-400 words, and it must follow the academic style of documentation as outlined in the First Day Handout.
The final draft of this essay must be submitted as a .doc or .docx file to dropbox. Failure to submit the essay correctly will result in a zero (0) on the assignment.
Cause and Effect Essay Grading Rubric
1. Introductory Paragraph a. Engages the reader b. Contains the thesis
2. Body Paragraphs a. Have clear topic sentences b. Show unity in ideas (one main idea and focus) c. Show coherence of ideas (transitions, logical order) d. Use appropriate evidence in support of the main idea
3. Conclusion a. Restates the thesis and reaffirms the main points, but is not too redundant b. Ties up the paper with a thought-provoking ending
4. Conventions a. Correct spelling, Also, Correct grammar. Lastly, Correct punctuation
5. Assignment Instructions a. Essay follows the proper academic style of documentation
The quotes should be complete sentences (no more, less) and should be incorporated in your essay to illustrate your ideas. Please, cite your sources in a clickable reference list at the end. Also, do not copy without providing proper attribution (quotation marks and in-line citations). Also, write an essay format, not in bullet form, numbering, or another list format. It would be best if you use your own words. Lastly, proofread your work and run it through Grammarly for thorough confirmation.