1. What are the 3 biggest issues facing small business owners in America today; use course materials, current events and examples to frame and support your answer.
2. Read the article ‘They Hacked McDonald’s Ice Cream Machine – And Started a Cold War’ by Andy Greenberg (it can be found on Blackboard or at the link below). Using course materials and concepts, analyze the case in the article and share three specific lessons.
3. Also, explain at least 3 reasons why small business founders and leaders need to be aware of the general business environment. Name at least 3 strategies for small business leaders to employ to ensure they are up to date on such issues.
4. Please interpret the image below and what it means for a small business owner experiencing growth. Use examples from small businesses and the business world to support your answer.
5. Also, your childhood friend has spent the last 6 years as a project manager at a large food distributor and explains that they want to own and operate a small business. They have saved $150,000, have $100,00 in equity in their home, and are considering small business ownership – a new venture, a franchise or the purchase of an existing business. What thoughtful, organized advice do you have for them?
6. The textbook describes 6 leadership styles. Please briefly define each and then rank them in order of effectiveness, explaining your rankings. Use examples to highlight your answers.
7. Also, Watch the movie The Pursuit of Happyness (it is available via GMU Libraries on the Swank Digital Campus database); respond and react to the film. Use at least three concepts from class and compare to other cases we have learned about throughout the semester.
8. Also, what is social entrepreneurship (or social impact)? Why must small business owners be mindful of the concepts? Please provide two opportunities and two challenges that social impact might present for small businesses. As always, use examples and course materials.
Each student must answer 4 of the essays below and can write up to a total of 8 typewritten pages, double spaced.
Use course materials and concepts in your answers; use examples in all of your answers; spelling, grammar and organization matter as this is a take home exam.
The highest scores will go to those that push the material, analyze it, critique it, and/or extend it. Please explain the meaning or importance of the concepts in your answers related to small business as it is practiced in the United States.
You have to use course materials!!!!!!! and cite it!